Thursday, September 27

Event: Rajo Laurel and his Shoes



There were five things I liked about last Tuesday night.

ONE. I got to go out, which I seldom do because of mommy duties. The daddy was willing to take over for one night so I can go out with my sister to the launch of Rajo! for Milanos and Rajo! for Parisian shoes.

TWO. Cafe Breton. We had an early dinner at Cafe Breton because we did not know what food they were going to serve at the fashion show. I will always have a soft spot for Cafe Breton's savory and dessert crepes. Crepes are always, always my comfort food, as you know. *wink*

THREE. Bizu. The show's caterer was Bizu. The welcoming area was like a bar complete with glowing tables, open bar, a dj, party lights and yes, yummy Bizu food.

FOUR. Rajo Laurel. I've always been a fan of Rajo Laurel. He was my top choice as my wedding gown couturier. I was away for planning my wedding then, and it seemed logistically impossible. No regrets though, I got another one of my favorites -- Monique Lhuillier.

FIVE. Shoes. I'm a girl and I love my shoes. I knew Rajo collaborated with SM Shoes last year. I didn't get a chance to check them out at SM, because I stopped looking at locally made shoe brands. WAIT, before you judge me, let me tell you, it's a bit tough to find my size in a design I love here in Manila. Every freakin' shoe I liked is only up to size 8-1/2! It's true.

Last night, I was so surprised that Rajo's shoe collection goes up to size 12, but it depends on what style (some only go up to 10).

The shoe collection itself is lovely. My first impression was that it was greatly inspired by Japanese geishas and samurais.

So here is what happened.

The pre-show event was like this.


Yummy food from Bizu -- soft shell crab in the picture. Sorry, the whole place was flooded with red and purple lights, and I didn't bring a real camera because it did not fit my clutch.


We were standing at the entrance to the show so we can get near the catwalk, but we left for just a minute to go to the washroom, and when we came back, they were already inside the show area. Talk about bad timing. Haha.

Eek, super labo.



Rajo! for Milanos



Rajo! for Parisian



Rajo Laurel



After the show, we were ushered to another space where we can look at the shoes.



One of the models



She's wearing the Midori in red/black.


Another model wearing the Samurai (in black).



Samurai and Sensei up close:



I love the black suede Kahimi, and it's less than P1,000! WAIT, lady, I'm still taking a photo!



Haay, down to three. Oops, two and a half. See? Lots of people!



The red ninja! This one only goes up to size 10.


Another view --



One of my favorites -- Kabuki.



 I went to the other side where they display the Rajo! for Milanos collection. Here's Koji.


-- and the boot counterpart.



Lots and lots of good stuff for both men and women. Everything will be available at SM department stores beginning this Saturday, September 29. See you there!



Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. So totally getting a pair! I wonder what your shoe size is...hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a size 9. Relatively average if you're in the US. :P But here, it's huge!

      Delete
  2. Get me a pair! I like the flats in black or gunmetal color! you know my size sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll see if they have it pa. :)

      Delete
  3. So prtty! when I go home, for sure I'll check out!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...