Sunday, January 2

Design: Paris-inspired Bedroom Mood Board

My sister is planning to renovate her room soon. She asked me to create a mood board for her using some of the accessories she has already.

She wanted a room with a color palette using light turquoise, grey and white. Her bedroom has wooden floors that I don't think she will replace anytime soon.

Here is what I came up with:



  • Accessories for inspiration. She already has this stacked bubble crystal lamp (she got it for Christmas from our other sister) and she already has some miniature Eiffel tower metal objects. These became the central inspiration for her bedroom.
  • Color. I am obsessed with grey walls... and so is she. For her room, I chose (1) Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Grey for the walls, (2) a darker shade for the wall baseboard, and (3) Restoration Hardware's Light Silver Sage for the ceiling.
  • Bed and linens. Her room is quite cozy, so a daybed is perfect. This white Brighton daybed from Crate and Barrel has a farmhouse appeal that will lighten up her room. The damask sheets here are from Target Fieldcrest. I was in love with the Eiffel tower pillow when I saw it in iviemade's Etsy shop, and I thought it was perfect for her room. Another decorative pillow I chose for her is Dwell Studio for Target's privet pillow. She also asked for a nightstand, and this Ikea Hemnes piece will do the trick. It has a small drawer, and a shelf underneath where she can stack her magazines and books, or a storage basket.
  • Rug and curtain. My sister's room has one whole wall of huge windows. I picked this sheer curtain panel from Z Gallerie with a bird and leaves pattern that also complements the privet pillow and decor. A simple bordered rug from PBTeen in her desk area will also look great.
  • Desk area. West Elm's Pratt desk and their Overlapping Squares side chair have nice lines that will bring in a sense of openness in her tiny room. A small decorative pillow (not pictured) on the chair will be nice too. Adding Ikea's Lack wall shelves will give additional space to put accessories and books.
  • Wall art. A vintage French art print from Cafe Badulaire and a modern Paris skyline poster from Ilovedesign2010 will link the whole room together with the bird / Paris motifs. Z Gallerie's Chrysanthemum plaque is another wall art I chose for added interest and color.
  • Other accessories. To complete the whole room, some accessories I chose were West Elm's metal birds on the wall shelf and Z Gallerie's bling picture frames. On the desk, a nickel task lamp (Shades of Light's Natural Spectrum lamp) and Crate and Barrel's hurricane candle holder on the desk will bring in silver and more blues. 
I hope you like it S.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Very creative! I hope she puts this to good use.

    And thanks for blogging about my Eiffel Tower pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! Your Eiffel Tower pillow is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...