The holidays are over, but that did not stop me from making this again. It is a recipe for an appetizer from Martha Stewart that I tweaked a little. The original recipe called for cayenne pepper, which gave it a bit of a kick. But I did not add the cayenne pepper this time.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Peel sweet potatoes and halve lengthwise, then slice crosswise around 1/2 inch thick. Toss with olive oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt.
- Cook until sweet potatoes are tender, tossing occasionally, around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with butter, sugar and pecans, and toss. Bake until sugar caramelizes, around 10 minutes. Gently toss and serve immediately.