If you want a twist to your fried rice, here's a recipe that's yummy, even for kids.
- 3 cups cooked brown (or white) rice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small head of radicchio (or cabbage), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (juice of about 1/2 lime)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in the pan. Add the cooked rice and stir fry for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add lime juice, sesame seeds and raisins. Stir fry for 3 minutes more.
- Mix in scallions and radicchio. Turn off heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.