Friday, March 30

Party: DIY Grown-up Favors


It all started with this Anthropologie sewing kit in a mason jar inspiration.


So pretty, isn't it? They're $48 a piece. Enter surprise look here. Super expensive. But I can totally DIY these.

I thought these would make awesome favors / game prizes for adults in Allie's birthday party. I admit, I had no budget for any game prizes for adults. I blame it on my first attempt to style and DIY a kids' party with literally a handful of kids only. Haha. I got too excited with the decorations. With only a week to go before Allie's party, I realized I needed prizes for adults because most of my guests were adults.

I already had a supplier for the mason jars, and I could have gotten them for about 25 cents each. Can you believe how cheap things are here in the Philippines? Anyway, I decided not to pursue the mason jar bit, as I found a cuter container for my sewing kit favors.

I remembered I had these water lily favor boxes by Martha Stewart saved. I bought them while I was pregnant, and finding them accidentally in my craft cabinet was like finding a hidden Christmas present. Haha!



So I just bought sewing kit necessities (in bulk) sans the scissors -- I couldn't find scissors that were small enough to fit in my boxes. I printed patterns on card stock and used that as the needle and thread organizers. I added a pink tissue paper to make it look nicer.




For about 20 boxes, I only spent about P150 ~ less than $4 (Remember, I already owned the boxes). That's about 20 cents each. Creepily amazing huh?





Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. hi! where did you buy the pink flowers? so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bea. They're actually part of the water lily favor box kit by Martha Stewart. I got them at Marshall's in the US more than a year ago -- around $4.99 for a set of 25. I'm not sure if Martha Stewart Crafts still carry them, but check Michael's, I'm sure they have MSC.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...