Tuesday, January 4

Design: A Modern Filipino Nursery

  





Yesterday, I posted about Kenneth Cobonpue's Le Petit Voyage crib. Of course, I just had to do another mood board inspired by it. The crib looks like a modern interpretation of the traditional Filipino duyan.  At least I think it is.



In this mood board, I tried to mix and match natural elements with modern decor. Below are the details (this time with links).


  • Color palette. Pale pink, aqua green and grey are the main colors here. The wall has a pale pink color called Billowy Clouds from Behr
  • Crib and glider. The crib from Kenneth Cobonpue's Voyage collection started this whole nursery mood board. It makes use of rattan fibers wrapped on a steel crescent-shaped frame. This grey glider from Monte is simple, comfy and such an eye candy. Another thing I like about it is that it does not look like a traditional glider that it can be placed anywhere around the house.
  • Dresser and storage. As usual, I added a chest of drawers instead of a changing table. Can you tell I'm not a fan of changing tables? This dresser from Ikea provides space for baby clothes and other stuff. Additional storage baskets made from wicker can be put on the floor for toys. You can never have to much storage space.
  • Rug and curtain. The grey Chrysanthemum rug from West Elm where the crib will stand will definitely add a bit of softness to the room. As for the curtains, I couldn't find any ready-to-hang curtain I like, but when I saw this fabric from Free Spirit called JD36Pond, I thought I can just easily make a curtain by just using iron-on fabric tape.
  • Lighting. Capiz is a typical Filipino element in the traditional Filipino house, so using a plain capiz chandelier will perfectly fit here. The simple white lamp on the dresser is from Regalong Pambahay.
  • Wall art. A shadow box will serve both as a keepsake keeper and wall art. You can put a favorite baby clothing and pair of baby shoes in it. A framed monogram like the medallion monogram from baby&child personalizes the room. Finally, the third wall art pictured is very special to me. My sister made it for baby A. It has an illustration of a traditional Filipino hut, and the lyrics to a children's folk song about the hut and the plants surrounding it.

    Whew! Nursery mood board no. 3 ... done.


    Here are some more nursery mood boards that might interest you:

      
       
    Pin It!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I'd love to hear from you. xo

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...