This lemon dessert is another must-try from Martha Stewart.
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, for custard cups
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Grated lemon zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil a kettle of water. Butter six 6-ounce custard cups and place in a dish towel-lined baking dish or roasting pan. The towel will prevent the cups from slipping around.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until light; whisk in flour. Gradually whisk in lemon juice, then add the milk and zest.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add the mixture to the lemon batter and fold in gently with a whisk. The batter will be quite liquid.
- Divide the batter among the buttered custard cups. Fill the baking dish with boiling water until halfway, then place in the oven. Bake until puffed and lightly browned on top. The pudding should still be visible in bottom, around 20-25 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioners' sugar.