My all-time favorite dessert crepe is the one by Cafe Breton called Fantastic Pinay. It's crepe filled with sweet yellow mango cubes, topped with nutella, whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
I tried making crepes, and the crepe recipe that tastes closest to Breton's is this one.
by JennyC819 at allrecipes.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine.
2. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
Tip: Before serving, try the Fantastic Pinay way. Add mango cubes in the middle, then fold the crepe. Spread nutella on top. Finish with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. I am sure you'll be smitten.
Cafe Breton uses something like this flat crepe maker, which I think is the best way to even out the batter while cooking.
|Tibos Electric Crepe Maker|
Image via Amazon