I haven't tried the real Neiman Marcus brownies yet, but I've tasted a home-made recipe and it was so good, I had to try it at home. Here is the recipe.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist brand)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Combine the chocolate cake mix along with the melted butter and 1 egg. Spread in the greased pan.
- Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese and the remaining 2 eggs until smooth. Spread on top of the cake. Sprinkle the nuts on top if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Original recipe at CopyKat