Thursday, July 4

Crafts/DIY: Washi + Dymo Fun


I still remember my vintage gun-type Dymo in the 80's. It looks like this one below. It's on ebay for $19.99. Wow, right? Come to think that Dymo now has a lighter version with interchangeable wheels for different fonts. It's about P400 at National Bookstore. That's about $9.30; it's probably cheaper in the US though.


I borrowed my sister's. She has the yellow one with three font discs: capitals, small letters and script.


Here's the script up close.


I gifted her with pink, sky blue and clear tapes; I got them from the US.


The small letter font on pink tape is cute:


There aren't a lot of colors to choose from here in the Philippines. I decided to improvise. I found some washi tapes at home, and overlaid it on top of the embossing tape before loading into the Dymo. The washi tape is thin enough for the embosser so it shouldn't cause any problems. But check first.


I input in "ALYSSA". Then I used fine sandpaper to scrape off the embossed part so that the text is more readable.



With the countless washi tapes designs available in the market now, you can customize your labels even further. Have fun!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I am so curious about this Dymo craze. I honestly thought it was "Daimos" when I first heard it. LOL! That's perfect for personalizing practically anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yup, label makers are my best friends.

      Delete
  2. Creative Ging is at it again...;) nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Where did you get those extra disc/wheels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni Rose -- it's part of the set. They're from National Bookstore. ;)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:23 PM

    How much are the embossing/dymo tapes at National?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...