Friday, July 5

Travel: Georgia Aquarium


It's been a couple of years since we relocated to the Philippines, and I miss Atlanta. There are a handful of places that I love there. One is Pemberton Place, where the World of Coke and Georgia Aquarium are located. Nestled between these two amazing places is a vast green park that I miss terribly.

When Georgia Aquarium opened in 2005, it was the world's largest aquarium.* They opened about a month before Christmas, and the tickets were hard to get by. But we made a point to visit the next month. During the length of our stay in Atlanta, I probably visited it about 6 times, once every year.




If you're brave enough, you can go scuba diving in the aquarium with all the manta rays and sharks. You can have a slumber party while looking at the sea creatures. One time, we got so lucky, the doors to the ballroom were open and we had an unobstructed view of the aquarium where the beluga whales were. I could watch them for hours; they were so graceful.


*Now, the title is held by S.E.A. Aquarium in Singapore. It's nearer to me now; I should visit. :)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...