Friday, December 31

Design: A Bright and Bold Nursery Mood Board

I enjoyed creating my first mood board that I decided to make another nursery mood board just for fun. This time, I used bright and bold colors... yes, and a bit girly... for a little girl's nursery.

Color palette: hints of pink, red, orange and yellow




  • Wall paint. This time, the wall color I chose is Benjamin Moore's pink essence. BM's white zinfandel works too.
  • Furniture. I love the simplicity of Ikea's Gulliver crib. The reds and pinks of Pottery Barn Kids' Harlington crib sheets (as pictured with the crib) and the airiness of the Poang chair from Ikea work well with the crib. As for the dresser, I chose Room & Board's Moda for its modern appeal, and yes, because orange works well with our color palette.
  • Lighting. Last year, I attempted to create my own capiz chandelier like the one in West Elm but I failed - I didn't have time. Okay, okay... maybe I was just so lazy. So when I saw this pink/orange capiz chandelier from PBteen, I thought it was the perfect inspiration for a bright and bold nursery mood board.
  • Area rug. I am a sucker for graphic rugs. CB2 has a great collection, and their Moth rug fits the bill for this theme. The taupe color in the rug plus the red graphic brings all the furniture together.
  • Curtains and pillows. Our favorite Swedish furniture store made it again to our list. Their Aina curtain looks great with our chosen color palette. Crate and Barrel's pillows are perfect accessories for the room.
  • Other accessories. Etsy's a great place to find independent designers, and I found the perfect set of art prints for this room - colorbee's "All you need is love" set. Pomlove's pom mobile is another Etsy source (you can also DIY this, I'll make sure I'll post the "how to" soon). For the toys, I used the owl plush from Pottery Barn Kids.

Okay, I am now officially tired. Bright and bold nursery mood board ... done.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...