Tuesday, June 12

Party: Allie's DIY Dessert Table



It was my first attempt to create a dessert table. On Allie's 1st birthday, no less. I channelled my inner Amy Atlas / Martha Stewart. It was scary. But I think it turned out quite alright.

All photos were taken by Resonance Photography



The DIY dessert table

White-washed bird cage. Borrowed cake stand and easel. Custom table runner. DIY cupcake flags. DIY Lilly Pulitzer paper-covered name. Easy paper flowers. Paper tassels. It was a DIY extravaganza.



I had an all-natural lemon cake done by a professional pastry chef. I think she's the pastry chef of Brasserie CiÇou, a cool French cafe in Greenhills that I have yet to write about. Soon.


The pretty flower topping.



She created the cupcakes as well. The cake was like pound cake. Yummy. I made the cupcake flags, which I shared the how-to earlier.


I bought striped wafer straws from the grocery. They came in various colors and flavors.



-- and got some marshmallow twist pops and some marshmallow bites.


We also bought donut holes from the donut store.


My sister had these cake pops made by her friend.


I also had food-grade polybags with personalized stickers for the guests to put in their dessert loots. At the end of the party, the table was unrecognizable. It was empty.

The dessert table was a success. Thank you Amy Atlas for the inspiration.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! you are so creative! Thanks for visiting my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...