Tuesday, February 15

Body: Battling Fluid Retention

Here's another one of my personal battles during pregnancy... water weight.

Image from LiveStrong.com

So I went to my doctor's appointment last week, and let's just say I gained more weight than I should have had. My doctor said it's just my body retaining water, since my bump size is pretty normal.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been feeling extra tired, probably because I'm on the home stretch already, and that, my friends, initiated an everyday eat-out meal instead of our usual home-cooked dinners. I bet the high sodium in the food we ate was the culprit of my newfound enemy, Mr. Water Weight.

According to LiveStrong.com, drinking water will help prevent fluid retention. Ironic isn't it? But I've been already drinking more than 8 glasses of water daily.

Step 2 was to do moderate exercise. Eek. Guilty. I should probably do this especially now, but the cold weather outside makes it real hard to. Hmm, does shopping in the mall count?

Of course, another way was to avoid sodium. So skipping canned and processed food is a must.

Then finally, eat more fresh veggies and fruits, as well as whole grains and lean protein. Okay, goodbye white carbs.

Hopefully, I can lose the water weight by my next appointment.


 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...