Thursday, July 5

Baby: Family Lounges


The diaper changing station has become my best friend when going out.

I am a first-time mom, and I find this very convenient when I go out with my baby. Okay, let me take that back. It is a necessity. I absolutely hate places where they don't even put spaces for changing diapers, let alone breastfeeding stations.

I admire places that have family-friendly lounges.

In the Philippines, these are few and far between. Since we moved back here, the only place I saw, so far, with family-friendly spaces (those with added amenities that does not only include diaper changing stations) is Eastwood City. Ayala malls require you to be a VIP member to access their lounge, so I have no idea how it looks like.

Family-friendly lounges are part of my perfect place. I took this set of pictures from Westfield Mall in San Francisco.

I hope that someday in the not-so-distant future, family lounges will become a requirement in every mall, park, airport and other public areas. Wouldn't that be cool?

Clockwise from top:
* Seating area fronting the TV. There's a breastfeeding station at the end.
* Wall-mounted toys for tots
* W Family mural to welcome you
Clockwise from top:
* Flat screen TV on the wall
* Two-level lavatories outside the lounge
* Curved countertop for changing diapers, with a lavatory beside it. Pull-out cabinets for trash.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Although I'm way past the diaper stage, my little one still needs me to accompany him to the restroom every s often, and he does not want to go to the " girls room" , so sometimes I feel bad for the little guy. Even here in the U.S. family restroom is a rarity in some cities ( like ours) especially the rural areas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another reason to make family lounges/restrooms a must! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...