Friday, September 28

Shopping: For A Cause


It's almost October, and that means it is time for Unicef Philippines' Auction For Action. There are tons of design pieces to be auctioned off. Most of the items have bidding prices that start at 40% off the regular prices, so this is your chance, design lovers. Shop for a cause. It's open to everyone -- and I mean everyone. Here is how to join the auction.

Wouldn't it be cool to get this bamboo push bike (by KawayanTech) for your 4-year old? It is light-weight and will help them develop their sense of balance. While at it, bid on the bigger Pinoy/Pinay bike too. Ride bikes with your children and enjoy the outdoors! The bench on the right, called "Crayola", is by Debbie Palao. It will be a very colorful addition to any room.



How about this colorful little birdie called the "Kookooklan" by Whoop? Very whimsical.



Look at this table by Vito Selma. It's called "Sqaure". The legs came from wooden slats that looked cut, folded and raised. When viewed directly from above, it looks like a flat square. I would love to have this in my living room. Maybe when Allie is bigger, because this one doesn't look child-proof to me. Haha.



For a preview of all the items, go to Unicef Philippines' flickr set here.





Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:06 PM

    Hi Mommy G! You were my teacher in Drafting some 8 years ago haha. Anyway, I really love your blog. Esp the crafts & design-related posts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Em. Gee. That was ages ago! :P Funny that you found me here. Heehee, happy reading.

      Delete
  2. wwwwhhh, the furnitures are for pick-up only!!!!! Love that table too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they can be persuaded to ship it. :P Nice noh?

      Delete
    2. No, I tried bidding on the painting by Balmes, thinking my mom could pick it up for me and then bring it here, they did not even allow anyone outside the Philippines to bid! If you get a chance, next time, I hope they let Pinoys abroad bid. :-(

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry Vel. I was initially told by Unicef people that it was open to everyone. :( I don't know what happened. Such a beautiful painting too.

      Delete
  3. i love the bamboo bikes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...