One weekend, we were in the mood for some french toast that's chocolatey. Here's a recipe that we really liked and was so simple to make.
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- butter for frying
- cocoa powder for dusting
- condensed milk for drizzling
- Beat the eggs, and add milk. Mix well.
- Heat the skillet. Melt the butter.
- Half each bread slice. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, and fry each side - about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Arrange the toasts on a plate. Dust with cocoa powder, and drizzle with condensed milk.
Image: Served with mixed berry smoothie as found here.