Need a twist to your breakfast toast with bacon and eggs? Try this recipe. It's super easy to do, too.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
- 4 cooked bacon strips
- 4 eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- cooking oil spray
- dried chives
- grated mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a cupcake pan with cooking oil. Gently press each slice of bread into the cupcake molds. Bake for about 3 minutes.
- Arrange bacon strip into each toast cup. Add tomatoes. Crack one egg on top of the bacon. Do the same for each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake again for about 10-15 minutes, or until the egg whites are set. Remove cups from cupcake pan and transfer into a plate. Garnish with chives and cheese.