We were in Nashville, TN when I first had the sweet potato casserole from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
|Image via Sugarbuzzed|
Of course they had amazing steaks too! But their sweet potato casserole is to die for. It's a lovely way to end dinner.
I searched for the recipe so I can try it at home. I did, and I want to share it with you. I got the original recipe from food.com.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (I find 1 cup too sweet.)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (Sometimes, the sweet potatoes have tons of fibers. Pass through a strainer to get a smoother mash.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.