Sunday, June 8

Why I Love Maleficent

*Warning: Spoilers ahead

I was looking forward to watching Maleficent ever since I heard about it. I was especially excited about how they were planning to retell the Sleeping Beauty story in the eyes of Maleficent.


I've been a fan of Disney movies, and truth be told, Maleficent is one of the most bad ass villains out there. She put a curse on a baby girl for crying out loud.

If that's not enough, Angelina's cheekbones errr Angelina Jolie plays Maleficent. Seriously, I couldn't stop looking at them on the movie poster (and the movie).

I went with my family and a couple of my titas to watch the movie up in Rockwell, courtesy of PLDT Home DSL.

Needless to say, I love the movie! I'd watch it again and again and again. It scraps the boy-meets-girl-and-falls-in-love-instantly premise, but hangs on to the happy ever after ending. The story revolved around love, betrayal, revenge and remorse. Maleficent finds love in Stefan. Stefan betrays her to be king. Maleficent puts a curse on Stefan's daughter Aurora. Stefan goes crazy and sends Aurora to the woods in the care of three silly fairies. Maleficent secretly looks after the girl. Maleficent wishes the curse to be broken and fails. Aurora pricks her finger and sleeps. Prince comes along and kisses her; nothing happens. Maleficent is sorry and kisses her forehead. Aurora wakes up.

This strong maternal love shown between Princess Aurora and Maleficent turned around the villainous idea of Maleficent into the hero that she really is. It focused on motherly love and that you can find true motherly love in the least likely of places.

This is why I think Maleficent makes a great family movie.


It was Allie's second time to watch inside a movie theater, and her first time to watch an entire movie without asking for her tablet. Yeah, we bring her own tablet and a pair of headphones as backup entertainment. It has some of her favorite cartoons and kiddie apps in it. Daddy E helped install these for Allie back at home with a PLDT Home DSL connection I kid you not. :) It even has Skype in it so when Daddy is in the office, Allie can talk to him on video.

It's little things like these that help us connect with each other as a family. Yes, just like the PLDT Home DSL TV commercial "Ask Diego". The commercial features a young, very techie family doing things together online to help each other out. Diego is the little boy with his own advice column, where his family helps answer. Real cute, by the way. His parents monitor the page, so you need not worry about that. Check it out on www.facebook.com/AskDiego.

We've had PLDT Home DSL since we moved back here, and so far, so good. If you want to have your own strong, reliable family-sized connection of PLDT Home DSL, visit www.pldthome.com.

Thank you PLDT Home DSL for inviting me and my family to spend time together.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Me too!!!! My boys didn't find it all that bad either! Finally a true bida-contrabida in fairy tales!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...