I remember when I was in pre-school, we made these V-day cards with a heartburst design. It is super easy and super fun to do with kids.
Here's what you'll need:
- white paper, recycled is okay but don't use newspaper
- card stock
- colored pencils or pastels
- tissue paper / cotton (or your finger)
What you need to do:
- Cut out a piece of heart from a piece of white paper. I recycled a piece.
- Color the edges of the cut-out heart, using colored pencils or pastel. Put a sheet of paper underneath while coloring to protect the table surface.
- Position your colored heart on top of your card stock. Using tissue or cotton ball or your finger, gently rub the colors outwards to get the heartburst effect.
- When done, remove the heart, and you'll see what's left on your card stock.
- You can overlap another heartburst like this.
- Write your valentine message inside.